- 1 cup quinoa seeds, rinsed & drained
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 50g roasted almonds, sliced lengthways
- 50g roasted pistachios
- 3 stalks spring onion, chopped finely
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 handfuls rocket, hard stems removed
- ¼ bunch parsley, leaves picked
- ¼ bunch mint, leaves picked
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate or
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 100g Persian Fetta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Place the rinsed quinoa in a pan with 2 cups of vegetable stock or water. Season with salt if using water, bring to the boil, turn to a very low simmer and cook until the grains are tender to the bite, around 15 minutes. Drain well and return the pan to rest for 15 minutes.
Place the cooked quinoa in a serving bowl and add the remaining salad ingredients.
Mix the dressing ingredients and stir gently through the salad.
Enjoy with a crisp refreshing white wine such as our Pinot Grigio.