If only life was as sweet as Nonna's gnocchi!
Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th November 2015
Cellar door 10am – 5pm
Join us for lunch and enjoy Katrina’s homemade gnocchi along with a selection of ‘not gnocchi’ dishes. Taste our new vintage crisp, fresh, aromatic white wines at cellar door or the wines in the Lana range at our Lana Bar in the grounds. There is no need to book for our Gnocchi Carnevale, just jump in the car and head to the King Valley.
You can laze in the shade with friends and enjoy a Brachetto cocktail and antipasto plate. Stroll through the market stalls, listen to toe tapping tunes and just enjoy our family’s hospitality.
The kids will love the giant sandpit and art space. Once again they can make their own kite and learn how to fly it with the crew from Kites4kids. There are sports activities too. This year the kids will also be kept busy with the team from FunFit who will be roving the crowd in true carnevale style teaching the kids circus art like hooping, enthralling with balloon art, face painting and magical tricks.
Live entertainment is by Maurice Milani and The Rumour and roving gypsy jazz band Bric a Brac. We can’t help but have both these bands return each year as Maurice and John play dancing tunes from the 60s til now while Ced and his troop will take you to the streets of Paris with their gypsy jazz classics.
Competitions – enter to win a case of our finest!
Ms Gnoccha gnocchi rolling competition 2pm daily
Test your gnocchi rolling talents – we provide the dough, you provide the skill. Always a hotly contested competition with complete novices pitting themselves against feisty Italian Nonnas, what could go wrong?
Wine Spitting Challenge 2.30pm daily
With champions returning year after year to contest the crown, this competition is always a thrill to watch. We encourage all to enter as you never know what can happen on the day. Entrants are judged on style as well as accuracy.
Our Gnocchi Carnevale is part of the region’s La Dolce Vita food and wine festival, so buy a festival wine tasting glass ($20 – please note the price change) at our cellar door, you can use this at all nine participating wineries.
COME FOR LUNCH – 2015 menu
Our 2015 menu is being finalised, but will be similar in style to the menu below from last year’s Gnocchi Carnevale.
Savoury dishes ($20-$26) are available from 11.30am to 3pm & desserts ($10) from 11am to 4.30pm
Antipasto to share
- King’s Platter - three cheeses, prosciutto, homemade duck neck sausage, olives, Jam Lady Jam Spiced Syrian figs & crackers
- Queen’s Plate - arancini, white bean puree, smoked paprika & potato frittata and Milawa Cheese Factory & Bakery Epi bread
- Gnocchi with Nonna Rosetta’s bolognaise sauce
- Gnocchi with a Alfredo’s rich duck ragout
- Gnocchi with a puttanesca style sauce - olives, caramelised onions, capers, tomato & anchovies
- THE Gnocchi combo – a plate with a serve of all three!
- Pork belly braised in Asian flavours, sliced and served warm on Asian slaw gf
- Zatar crusted salmon barbequed and served on pearl cous cous with Middle Eastern flavours (This can be served gf)
- Roast pumpkin and caramelised onion cannelloni baked and topped with a creamy Pinot Grigio and Gorgonzola sauce v
Desserts made by Katrina
Kids serve of gnocchi with Nonna’s bolognaise and salad
- Panna cotta, toffee net and raspberry coulis gf
- Chocolate mousse with salted caramel popcorn
- Lemon tart with Italian meringue
- Warm ginger pudding with butterscotch sauce and cream
- Mini pavlova topped with cream and fresh fruit salad
- Ice cream bar – choose from 10 different flavours
We are unable to accommodate large coaches without prior booking. Our Gnocchi Carnevale is a strictly no BYO food, alcohol or pets event. We aim to provide a family-friendly atmosphere, so we have roaming security to help us with responsible service of alcohol.
Where does the gnocchi come from?
The gnocchi we serve is all homemade by Katrina and her team Milena, Colette and Kirsty. This year instead of buying the potatoes, Alfred planted some in his vegetable garden on the farm. Whilst it was a painstaking job to dig up and wash 275 kilograms of Dutch Cream potatoes, it has been worth the effort to have the distinct “home grown” flavours in our dumplings.
For further event details call Katrina Pizzini on 5729 8278 or email email@example.com